måndag 29 maj 2017

Today it is 100 years since John F Kennedy (JFK) was born. I now have more than 140 books about the family


Monday, May 29th, is the day 100 years since John F Kennedy was born. This will of course be noted a lot in the USA, not least at the John F Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in the Boston, Mass.

John F Kennedy was elected president in 1960 and was murdered in Dallas Texas on November 22, 1963, when I was a young high school in Östersund. My first book of / about JFK was "Studier mod", which came in Swedish in January 1964. I did not think so that I would collect books on the Kennedy family for the rest of my life.

Today, in our library there are about 140 books about the family, which means five shelves of 8o cm = 4 runners. I have read books about the family for about 53 years and there is still a lot of news to read about JFK. I want to claim that some of the best books about him have been published in recent years.

The reason for this may be several, new generations of researchers - with newer perspectives - have come, time has passed and old secrets can be released, other memoirs have also given new information about JFK, etc.

I especially recommend these books:

Jack Kennedy. Elusive hero av Chris Matthews, 2011.
Camelot’s court. Inside the Kennedy White House av Robert Dallek, 2013.
Kennedy & Nixon, The rivalry that shaped postwar America av Chris Matthewes, 2013.
JFK and LBJ. The Last two great Presidents av Godfrey Hodgson, 2015.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar